|In 1987, this book was initially developed by a former National Park Service (NPS) special agent. Now it is in its fifteenth edition. This booklet is used by NPS Rangers and special agents, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, NPS Academy, and college NPS Academies. This reference has been developed specifically for use in the field while providing quick access to specific NPS codes and statutes. Considered by NPS law enforcement to be the top legal reference, this book is a professional resource. Provides the tools to identify the correct code or law and apply the elements of crime. Invaluable as a textbook, this publication is a comprehensive compilation of laws unique to the National Park Service.
A “Special Edition” of the book has been developed and published due to the enactment of the United States Code (USC) Title 54 and the addition of laws related to antiquities, archaeology, paleontology, migratory birds, endangered species, and Native American graves.
USC, Titles 16, 18, 21, 25 and 54 and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 36 and 43, are combined within this pocketbook. Laws and regulations are cross referenced through an extensive index and through associated crimes which are listed after the statutes. No more flipping to the index to find a similar, associated, or related crime. Refer to the “associated crimes” found below the elements of the statutes for related offenses. A detailed glossary is provided to define terms and phrases.
Key features include:
• Pocket size, yet comprehensive
• Rounded page corners for ease of use
• NCIC codes are listed to assist with coding arrest records
• New design and size: 3 5/8″ wide x 5 3/8″ high x 3/8″ thick
• Cross referencing of related crimes for quick access to similar statutes and offenses without consulting the index
• Expanded content: Title 36 and 43 of the CFR and Titles 16,18,21,25 & 54 of the USC
• Comprehensive glossary of terms specifically related to offenses and laws
• Detailed index provides quick access to the offenses
• Made in the USA
• Weight: 3.7 oz.
302 pp., $15.95 plus $4.95 shipping and processing